IELTSスピーキングのパート１は、general questions と言われ、試験官に自分を知ってもらう自己紹介をするパートと思ってください。最も多い話題としてはhometown のことについて、家族や友達ことについてと言えますが、その他、料理、仕事、勉強、旅行、趣味、スポーツや交通機関、近所の人について、天気などが聞かれますので、この項目についての質問パターンを網羅すると良いでしょう。
1. Do you like travelling (cooking, music) など、何かが好きかどうか聞かれますので、その答えと理由を言いましょう。
回答例）I like cooking, because I think cooking makes me relaxed and I can make whatever I want to eat.
2. What is your favorite place to travel? / what is your favorite food? などあなたのお気に入りがよく聞かれます。
🐰I love to travel beach destinations such as Hawaii. I love those places because I can truly relax and I do not need to think about my work at all.
🐻I love any Japanese dishes. Particularly Tempura, it is a dish of assorted deep-fried vegetables and fish. I brought up eating Japanese food, so it is comfort food for me.
3. Do you prefer cooking at home or eating out? / Do you prefer listening to music or listening to radio? のようにあなたの嗜好が聞かれます。
🐶I prefer cooking at home. Because it is heathy and I can arrange the dishes only for myself. When I eat out, I find the dishes are usually salty and oily. When I want to order healthy food, it is usually very expensive.
🐼In fact, I like listening to both music and radio. It depends on what I feel like at that time. Let’s say, I feel like listening to radio when I want to hear some conversation, or get some news or the latest hits.
4. Have you ever travel to unpopular spots? / do you ever listen to classical music? など今までの経験が聞かれます
🐵No, I have not. （時制に注意）Actually, I do not want to go places where few people are out there. I feel safe when I travel popular tourist spots. I like people around, so I feel secured. I do not need any adventure or surprises during my vacation.
🐧I listen to classical music now and then. Change is a good thing. I do not get bored listening to the same kind of music all the time.
5. How often (when) do you travel (cook, listen to music) などの頻度や時が聞かれます。答えとその理由を必ず言いましょう。
🐈 I cook quite often almost everyday because I do not go out to eat so often. Eating at a restaurant is very expensive and I try to be a healthy eater to stay fit.
🐘 I listen to music while I am driving to and from work. So, I listen to music for 2 hours at least. I love blasting music in my car and try to make the stressful commuting comfortable with my favorite music.
6. Who does the cooking? /who do you usually travel with? などたいてい誰がするか、もしくは誰とするのが好きかが聞かれます。
🐡My husband and I take turns in cooking, when he gets home early, he can cook for us and vice versa. But when I volunteer cooking when I really want to eat Japanese food.
🐸I often travel with my parents. They love travelling as well. They came to Toronto, too and we went to Niagara Falls, Montreal and also went to Cancun, Mexico. That place was amazing.
7. Where did you learn to cook/ where do you buy music CD? /where do you buy grocery? などどこでその行為をするかが聞かれます。
🐋I self-learnt how to cook. I go online to get authentic recipes. You can find anything online and we do not have to buy a cooking book anymore.
🐑I buy many CD online from Amazon. They have a good selection of music and even books, too. They can ship for free when we spend a certain amount.
8. How long have you been cooking? /or when did you start listening to music/ or when did you travel for the first time? など、どのくらいの期間その行為をしているか、もしくは始めたのはいつかが聞かれます。
🐯I have been cooking since I started living alone, that was 22. So, I have been cooking for more than 10 years. Well, I have a good repertoire because of that.
🐓As far as I can remember, I started listening music at around 18 years old. I know the singer as well. I loved xxxx so much at that time. Well I still love his music, though.
9. What kind of dishes do you usually cook? /what kind of music do you usually listen to? のようにある事柄のジャンルや種類が聞かれます。好きなジャンル、嫌いなジャンルなども聞かれます。
🐬I like to cook healthy meals as much as possible. I cook stir-fried vegetables, salad, and grilled fish, for example. I take advantage of fresh ingredients and am careful about seasoning not to ruin the freshness.
このように パート１では、５Ｗ１Ｈ―いつ（When）、どこで（Where）、だれが（Who）、なにを（What）、なぜ（Why）、どのように（How）」の質問の他、Ｈow long, Have you ever, Do you like, Do you prefer, Do you ever などの質問パターンに慣れておく必要があります。
また、かなり口語的な表現でも大丈夫。堅苦しい文語的な表現は不自然ですので、though をつけたり、well, を文頭に持って来たりとパート１では友達と普通の会話をするような感覚で話しましょう。